These cookies are requested by all my neighbors. They are chewy and so so good.
* 2 cups sugar
* 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup molasses
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 4 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon salt
* Additional sugar
* 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) HERSHEY®’S Premier White Chips
* 1/4 cup shortening
* In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
* Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
* In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set. Yield: about 14-1/2 dozen.
Do Not Over Bake!!!They will be hard. If you are in a pinch you can use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and they are still great. Also try melting the peppermint kisses to dip them in, yummy! ( I will upload a pic as soon as I make them again)